The BuzzClip is a small and discreet wearable for people that are blind or partially sighted. The device uses ultrasound to detect obstacles that may lie directly in one's path. It then notifies the user of these obstacles through intuitive vibrations, allowing the user to safely navigate around any objects that they may encounter. The BuzzClip offers essential head level obstacle detection and can be easily attached to many forms of clothing, making it a highly versatile and useful device.
All aspects of the BuzzClip, from its design to its functionality, have been created with our customers in mind. It is a new spin on existing ultrasound technology and can dramatically change the lives of people living with blindness or severe vision loss, particularly for those who have just recently lost their vision. It is an extremely practical mobility tool that can reduce fears of travelling and it provides a reliable way to inform a user of their immediate surroundings and prevent collisions.
How it works:
Your BuzzClip consists of 3 main parts:
BuzzClip with parts labelled
The Rounded Top (A) This rounded enclosure is the main control panel for the BuzzClip and can be found at the top of the device. The sensor is housed here and it slightly protrudes out of the rounded enclosure. The buttons are located to the left and right of the sensor.
The Main Body (B) This is where the battery, circuit board and charging port are housed. The main body has a chamfered edge around it so you can run your finger along it to find the Micro-USB charging port.
The Vibrational Arm (C) This is part is always in contact with your body, so you can easily feel the vibrations. It is located at the back or bottom of the device. The arm has a rounded rectangular protrusion that houses the vibration motor. This arm can be opened or closed through a simple push and pull motion so that you can adjust it in order to ensure proper contact with your body while you wear it.
Turning On your BuzzClip:
- With the BuzzClip in your palm, you should be able to feel a circular ring which is the sensor. To the left of the sensor, there is a groove with a single tactile marking to indicate the On/Off button.
- Press and hold this button to turn on your BuzzClip. You should then immediately feel a series of vibrations followed by two longer vibrations. The shorter initial vibrations indicate the BuzzClip’s battery level: Your BuzzClip’s default starting mode is a two-meter range.
- 4 vibrations indicate that the battery is above 75%.
- 3 vibrations indicate that the battery is between 50%-75%.
- 2 vibrations indicate that the battery is between 25%-50%.
- 1 vibrations indicate that the battery is less than 25%. Charge it soon!
The two longer vibrations that follow are to let you know that the BuzzClip is ready to go and begin detecting obstacles around you.
Your BuzzClip’s default starting mode is a two-meter range.
Switching Between Modes on your BuzzClip:
- With the BuzzClip turned On and in your palm, you should be able to feel a circular ring which is the sensor. To the right of the sensor, there is a groove with two tactile markings to indicate the Mode button.
- Press and hold this button to change modes on your BuzzClip. You should then immediately feel one short rapid vibration. This indicates that the BuzzClip is now in the 1-meter mode.
- The device comes with two modes: a 1-meter mode and a 2-meter mode. We suggest using the 1-meter mode indoor use and the 2-meter mode for outdoor use. To change back to the BuzzClip’s default 2-meter mode, press and hold the Mode button again. You should then feel two short rapid vibrations. This indicates that the BuzzClip is now in the 2-meter mode.
Turning Off your BuzzClip:
- With the BuzzClip in your left palm, you should be able to feel a circular ring which is the sensor. To the left of the sensor, there is a groove with a single tactile marking to indicate the On/Off button.
- Press and hold this button to turn off your BuzzClip. You should then immediately feel one long continuous vibration. Your BuzzClip is now Off!
Watch The BuzzClip Video For more Details...
How BuzzClip Works
Download PDF Manual
(File Size: Approximate 400KB, Download Time: Estimated: 30 seconds or less)
|45 x 35 x 65 mm
|62gms / 0.13lb