ElBraille 40 5th
ElBraille® 40 V (5th Generation)
ElBraille 40 V combines the flexibility of a modern mainstream computer running the Windows® 10 operating system with JAWS® and a Focus 40 5th Gen braille display to offer a fully accessible compact solution. (JAWS and Focus 40 Blue 5th Gen braille display sold separately.)
Students and professionals alike will appreciate being able to run any Windows application such as Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, or Outlook®. Use FSReader to read DAISY books from sources such as Bookshare.org or browse the internet with Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Google Chrome® or Mozilla® Firefox.
Use your existing Focus 40 Blue 5th generation Braille display and your existing JAWS license.
If you already own a Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation Braille Display, use it with your new ElBraille 40. Your Focus 40 Braille Display will dock directly into your ElBraille 40 V. Also, if you own a current JAWS License, you can authorize it to work on your ElBraille 40 V.
- Runs Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Works with Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation Braille Display
- 7th generation Intel® Core™ i5-7Y57 Processor with vPro technology Dual-core (4M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz)
- 128 GB SSD hard drive
- 8 GB RAM
- 2 stereo speakers and 1/8″ (3.5 mm) headphone jack
- Built-in microphone
- Additional sound and vibration feedback for key functions such as powering on and off or connecting or disconnecting the AC adapter
- Wireless WLAN802.11 A/B/G/N/AC networks support (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth V4.2
- A built-in 4G LTE modem for cellular connectivity supporting AT&T compatible systems
- Memory card slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 2TB
- Ports: 2 USB 3.0, USB-C, and SIM card slot
- HDMI monitor connection supported via Windows Miracast Wi-Fi connection using an optional Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, model P3Q-00001 (not included)
- Rechargeable 21,500 mAh battery (Approximately 15 hours on battery)
- ElBraille 40 V dimensions: 14.6×5.2×1.5 in. (370x132x39 mm)
- ElBraille 40 V weight: approximately 2.2 lbs. (1 kg) including Braille Display
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit operating system
- Supports Microsoft Office 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010
- Includes JAWS for Windows screen reading software (authorization required)
- ElNotes application: designed to create, store, and manage text and voice notes on the ElBraille Notetaker. These files are saved to a user-specified folder in txt or mp3 formats, respectively, and can be read and listened to using ElNotes or other Windows applications.
- A specially designed self-voiced and self-Brailled emergency menu allows recovery of the device without system reboot or loss of data in case speech and Braille output is interrupted