Out of stock! We do not have detailed information as to when this will be available. Please check back in periodically.
Features & Benefits
- A video screen that displays SimBraille and large print, combined with audio feedback, for an instantaneous, multi-sensory learning experience
- The ability to edit, save and transfer electronic documents via USB
- Built-in software with lessons for braille beginners (American Printing House version only; available separately for a fee)
- Mechanical brailler capability
- Multiple language platforms including English, UK English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Swedish, Polish, Turkish, Arabic and Portuguese
- Weight: 8.5 lb (3.9 kg)
- Dimensions: 14 in L x 5.5 in W x 9.5 in H (34 cm L x 15 cm W x 24 cm H)
- Colors: Available in Raspberry, Midnight Blue, Blue (APH only)
- Cells per line: 28
- Lines per page: 26
- Screen size: 4.3 in (10.9 cm)
- Resolution: 480 x 272 pixels
- Built-in speaker & headphone output, male/female voice option
Braille produced by the SMART Brailler conforms to the American National Library Service for the Blind Size and Spacing Standard.
- Dot height: .019 in (.5 mm)
- Dot diameter: .057 (1.4 mm)
- Dot spacing: .09 in (2.3 mm)
- Character spacing: .24 in (6 mm)
- Line spacing: .4 in (10 mm)
Visit smartbrailler.org for more information on the SMART Brailler.
The Perkins SMART Brailler is now also available in the United States through APH including the Building on Patterns application!
If you are a domestic United States customer, you can order from APH.org.
|Manufactured By||Perkins Solutions|
|Product Size||14 in L x 5.5 in W x 9.5 in H|
|Product Weight||8.5 lbs|