Standard Perkins Brailler
The Perkins Brailler - emboss 25 lines with 42 cells on an 11" x 11 1/2" sheet.
Why the Perkins Brailler
- Best in Class: The most widely used mechanical braille writer in the world since its invention in 1951.
- Durability that Lasts for Decades: Metal casing, closed body architecture (limiting dust accumulation), and over 66 years of craftsmanship, resulting in a resilient product.
- Wide-ranging Usefulness: Wide paper length to accommodate complex math, note taking or other literacy activities.
- Reliable Support: One year warranty, repair service trainings and repair service centers throughout the world, ensuring that any problem with your product is resolved quickly.
Time Tested: Developed at Perkins in 1951, the Perkins Brailler continues to be used worldwide. Durable and dependable, it can emboss 25 lines with 42 cells on an 11” x 8 ½ “ sheet of paper.
- Perkins Brailler comes in blue, grey or green.
- Can emboss 25 lines with 42 cells on 11” x 8 ½ “ sheet of paper.
- Includes leather dust cover and wooden eraser.
- Highly durable (known to last for decades)
- Margin Guides can be moved right and left to accommodate paper size
- Straightforward, easy to use, and with fewer errors compared with using a slate and stylus
- Weight: 10.6 lb (4.8 kg)
- Paper size maximum: 11.5 x 14 in (29.2 x 35.6 cm)
- Recommended paper weight: 90 lb
- Key pad: Ergonomic design for ease of typing; Perkins keyboard standard
- Bell: Audible bell sounds 7 spaces before end of line
Braille produced by the Perkins Brailler conforms to the American National Library Service for the Blind Size and Spacing Standard.
- Dot height: .019 in (.5 mm)
- Dot diameter: .057 (1.4 mm)
- Dot spacing: .09 in (2.3 mm)
- Character spacing: .24 in (6 mm)
- Line spacing: .4 in (10 mm)
|Manufactured By||Perkins Solutions|
|Product Weight||10.6 lbs|